“…she stopped paying close attention to his words and when at red lights, examined the rain drops spattering on the windshield so intently that she almost stared right through them. Each drop seemed stuck on the glass, until another drop landed on it and they rolled down the window together, ending in a climactic splash.”
Sara: College class of 2012 (English major, Gender and Sexuality Studies minor), looking for work/applying to grad school, writer, clarinetist.
I post and reblog: things I think are pretty, things that intrigue me, things I'm a fan of, and things I care about.
Common themes include: books, writing, movies, more books, cozy beds, breakfasts, Doctor Who, Sherlock, feminist issues, and occasional pieces of my life.
Wallpaper adapted from here.
this is my favorite comment on a marching band video
If you’re not making sexists uncomfortable you’re making me uncomfortable… You haven’t transcended society. You don’t recognise your privilege and then it goes away. If you think that you didn’t understand privilege.
The incredibly talented and super smart Evan Rachel Wood called out the MPAA on their misogynistic, sexist crap after seeing the new cut of her movie and she ain’t wrong.
Its the criminalization of black women and black corpses. @zellieimani
the real question is how did they not realize that she was Emma Watson
I think we all know who’s behind this
(Source: , via seblablastian)
A show based on all White women, but women no less, celebrates Columbus Day (already a problem) by telling people to “explore” as if personal “exploration” itself cannot exist without connection to a thief and mass murdering, rapist, genocidal White supremacist patriarch.
Now, when I call them “clueless” I do not mean to imply that they are ignorant of the history of Columbus. Stuff like this above is done strategically. It is marketing. White women pissing on people of colour, especially women of colour is a thing. It’s a marketing strategy. It’s a platform builder and career move in mainstream feminism itself. It’s more than just ignorance via White privilege. It is intentional.
Let’s clear up some things to help limit the ignorance that will come upon reblog:
- I do not care if Lena Dunham herself did not send this tweet. It is HER show. She isn’t just an actor on the show. Look it up. Plus…her track record on race speaks for itself…
- I do not care about White Tears™. I do not want to hear a single thing about solidarity because White women have no clue what that is. The few who do, call out fellow White feminists, and get ignored by them. So there’s that.
- Scandal. Now I know the really simplistic thinkers that make up the haters of Scandal will suggest that "well Scandal is not feminist either." Magically, I never said it was. I speak out about the misogynoir lauded at the character “Olivia Pope” and the Black women who are the fans. I never said “Olivia Pope” is feminist icon or the voice of the generation. And let’s not even dare compare the feminist stances of Lena Dunham and Kerry Washington because that already does not go well with White female celebrities versus Black female celebrites.
- I do not give a fuck if you like this show. That’s not the point here.
- Don’t you muthafuckin’ dare try to suggest that I am never vocal about anything else. A White woman already tried that today on Twitter. This is a standard silencing tactic. So is “well why are you surprised?” Did I muthafuckin’ say I am “shocked” anywhere here?
- No, I will not ignore racism from White women because we are the same gender.
- No, I did not have to make my tweets any nicer than they are. Fuck tone policing.
- Yes, it is unacceptable for shows and people who claim to be the “voices” of a generation to be so ignorant and calloused. I get it. They need attention. I understand. But the Emmys already worships this mess, so what further attention is needed? I mean…I don’t see Sleepy Hollow tweeting bullshit yet magically they’re brand new with sky high ratings and a multi-racial cast!
For the White women who look towards this show as some sort of example of feminism, why are your examples so racist? I mean, you do realize the parody account @WhiteFeminist retweeted this show’s tweet as is. As is! No extra satire was needed. Well…damn.
THIS IS CALLED KNOWING YOUR CHARACTER, PEOPLE!
Also their clothes (pockets, pockets, pockets).
if stuff is made for men, it’s practical and helps them be human beings
if stuff is made for women, it’s pretty and helps us be decoration
You forgot, the stuff made for women is also more expensive
FUCKING JIM BEAVER, YOU BEAUTIFUL MAN.
Jim Beaver is such the best.
So, this happened…
No. No. No. No. No.
So, I totally think that if you googled this, you could maybe find out where I work, but I’ve blacked stuff out because I’m attempting to keep this tumblr as free and expressive as possible, so, like, don’t do that, please?
But here’s a reply we got to a tweet I posted:
Seriously, dude? Any old man, simply by virtue of being a man, could have solved the weird file data glitch that makes some websites not read the orientation flips that lots of software do? REALLY?
Naturally, I flagged that account for spam and blocked them, but I just felt like sharing/venting.
It’s official! Peter Capaldi is the next Doctor!
HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE KAREN GILLAN THOUGH?
LOVE IS LOVE! Such a great day! Buh bye #DOMA & #PROP8 - #Equality #HRC #NOH8 👫👬👭✊✌❤