I used this recipe, but for a little less than half of the flour, I subbed in unbleached white whole wheat flour.
1. SPONGE. (Started the night before.)
2. Kneading. Thanks, Kitchenaid.
3. It has risen!
4. What a beauty.
5. Tasty crust.
6. It slices nicely.
7. I got impatient waiting for slices to toast, so I had a bit with butter and jam.
8. I upped the happiness: cheddar omelette, avocado, shallots and tomato, hard cider, and buttered toast.
9. Its bottom is equally beautiful. People should probably say this to each other.