Huge facebook thread where most people are on a spectrum of nice to badass, while James, the rape-apologist mansplainer, is a condescending jerk who can’t handle things like logic and evidence.
This was in response to Reddit’s creepshot scandal, and just wait until you see what James has to say. IT BOGGLES THE MIND. Red is the OP, a lovely friend, yellow is a badass, sarcastic, ball of rage who rocks, I’m purple, and while James’s name is visible, I blocked out his picture because someone’s (his?) baby was in it. Other people do great, too, but these are the people who posted the most.
This post will be highlights only, and this links to the whole thing (at the time of capture, anyway, it actually kept going even longer).
- Red and I are upset and explain why, James first tries to delegitimize the source, and then pulls the if you try to stop it, you’ll make it worse card. And throws in some other gross things, like it’s ok since these girls are above the age of consent elsewhere and that these images innocently consist of “clothed pictures of women”. Yellow points out that James sucks.
- Red and green lay down some logic, and James slides by it without addressing it, along the way implying that this isn’t real sexual predation.
- Yellow, green, and I point out more logical flaws, so James whips out the old "if it’s normal, why punish it and if it’s not, it’s mental illness, so also don’t punish it" argument. We try to point out the many issues with this, to no avail.
- James cries that we’re being mean or something just because we disagree, and we explain that this is not so. And then he describes sexual assault as "using force to win affection", missing the point that it’s usually about power and control, etc. Yellow points out James’s participation in rape culture.
- James can’t handle yellow’s preferred facebook commenting style, and yellow and I call him out for being ridiculous/insensitive/entitled.
- Blue is appalled, yellow skillfully mocks Jame’s request for paragraphs.